Since 2014, we have provided thousand's of hours of mentorship support for Underrepresented Minority High School Students dedicated to developing themselves to be future leaders in STEM fields.
empowering the future of science
Based in New York City, Clear Direction Mentoring has provided an unprecedented depth of connection and support for nearly 100 students of Underrepresented Minority Backgrounds. The opportunities provided to all Clear Direction fellows include: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM), and Biotechnology Academies, in-lab experiential learning at NYU Medical Center, field trips to watch open heart surgeries, tour technology companies, and 1-on-1 mentorship support with PhD and MD/PhD students.
These unique experiences last throughout the 2-3 years of formal mentorship. In addition, a burgeoning Clear Direction Alumni Network will continue expand as the program matures and matriculates go on to succeed. While other incredible Science immersion programs provide meaningful exposures to STEM ideas, Clear Direction Mentoring provides the relationships and career development resources aspiring STEM professionals require to build their network, pursue higher education, and lead in their chosen fields.
Each year we hold experiential-based academies with experts in the field going in depth on career opportunities, exploring job traits, and better understanding the opportunities out there to learn. These academies focus on 1) Science, 2) Technology, 3) Engineering, 4) Mathematics, 5) Biotechnology. However, they also focus on critical aspects for success: goal planning, mental health, community building, believing in yourself, and asking for help when you need it.
What We've Achieved
- Thousands of hours of mentorship support
- 100% success rate of student matriculation to 4-year college of fellows that stay in the program
- Immense growth for each fellow in terms of increased class attendance, better grades, and strengthened beliefs in their own capacity
- Collaborations with >7 top companies in STEM, including: Google, Spotify, Galvanize, Thrive Global, Merryl Lynch, NYU Med, Rockefeller
- Tens of thousands of dollars of support, particularly from the SYNBERC foundation and NYU Medical School
- Massive amounts of fun!